ChopScan® contains an integrated set of sensors that scan each board lineally, identifying and mapping a large variety of defects.
- Scans all four faces of the board to provide maximum board data to reach the most accurate cutting solution.
- Creates an electronic image of the board’s faces — with defects identified — and passes that total image to the ChopScan® optimizer.
ChopScan’s optimizer uses high-speed processors to run Lucidyne’s proprietary optimization algorithms. After scanning, each board’s image is passed to the optimizer for processing. In the time that it takes the board to travel from ChopScan® to your chopsaw, ChopScan® calculates the optimal crosscut solution based on your custom cut list. Our proprietary algorithm ensures that the maximum value is captured from each piece of wood that passes through the ChopScan®, by allowing for virtually limitless part and grade combinations.
- Furniture manufacturers
- Door manufacturers
- Moulding and Millwork manufacturers
- Building Component manufacturers
- Flooring manufacturers
- Pallet manufacturers
Perceptive Sight™ Intelligent Grading
Perceptive Sight™, our latest generation software algorithm, uses Artificial Intelligence to identifies defects and characteristics with precision never seen before in any automated scanning system.
For example, Perceptive Sight™ separates a knot from the pitch that shares its border and identifies good fiber around a knot that might otherwise be classified as part of that knot. Quite simply, Perceptive Sight™ is a quantum leap in how automated lumber grading is done.
Our Perceptive Sight™ brochure provides many defecting examples across a variety of species.
An in-depth look at Perceptive Sight™ from Lucidyne’s CTO Patrick Freeman.
"Great people, awesome products! Outstanding support..." –Allen Brown, WestRock Summerville Mill
High precision, useful production tools, and reliable build make Lucidyne’s ChopScan® the industry leader.
- Rugged construction for minimal
mill level maintenance.
- The most complete sensor array
in the industry.
- Minimal sensitivity to vibration
- Environmentally controlled enclosure
is unaffected by temperature variation.
- Installation requires little or
- Third-party sensors for moisture and other data are easily integrated.
Optional warp sensor measures bow, crook, and twist in the boards natural, relaxed state.
- ChopScan® consistently outperforms human operators by precisely locating defects on all sides of the lumber, then applies your production requirements, and considers downstream processing with split-second processing.
- ChopScan® reduces overhead, eliminates cross-cutting errors and improves production rates.
- ChopScan’s impressive reports package — reoptimization and cutbill pricing system.
- Production reports detail board width, category, run, shift and total value.
- ChopScan® provides access to the underlying data so mills can configure their own data extraction.
- Supplier Database archives board data by source and grade, so you can evaluate your suppliers to negotiate prices and identify best-quality suppliers
Receive in-depth product information in your inbox.
Subscribe for Brochure
- Off-line simulation tools minimize misconfiguration and prevent downtime.
- Simulate changes over a full shift
- Offline tools help QC and grade checks.
- Store up to 12 months of production with optional NAS long-term storage.
- Save every picture, every optimized solution, every thumbnail, all moisture data, all tracking information, all defects, and more.
- Ongoing access to the latest breakthroughs, advances, and upgrades
- Simple, easy to access controls.
- Lights, alarms, and messages ensure safety and optimal performance.
- ChopScan’s enclosure is pressurized and temperature controlled, and therefore not affected by ambient environmental changes. It is mounted on an overhead carriage for easy maintenance – just give the glass a quick wipe between shifts and ChopScan® is running again.
Configurable to Your Mill
ChopScan’s ultra-thin profile minimizes space requirements.
- Optional TrueQ® patented board tracking system double-checks that boards are have not become crossed up between the scanner and the saws.
- Optional warp sensor measures bow, crook and twist in the board’s natural, relaxed state.